Pentillie Castle and Estate comprises a land area of almost 2,000 acres, lining the Cornish bank of the River Tamar for almost 2 miles.
The castle nestles in the centre of the estate surrounded by parkland planned by Humphry Repton in 1809. The American gardens sit close to the castle and are comprised of traditional estate gardens including ancient and vast specimens of rhododendron, azalea and camellia as well as towering oak, chestnut, beech and sequoia trees. The American gardens were planned and laid out by garden designer Lewis Kennedy in 1813.
The remainder of the estate is tenant farmed, and the woodland managed to encompass a pheasant shoot. For more information on all matters concerning the estate at large, please email Ted Coryton.