Summer is here and the Cornish weather has been delightful. Here at Pentillie Castle wedding guests have been enjoying our heated outdoor pool and stunning summer gardens.
Our wedding season is well underway with all of our Bride and Grooms enjoying fantastic celebrations in the grounds of Pentillie. Summer is wonderful in our grounds, but if you need more convincing here is our top 5 reasons to have a summer wedding:
1) The weather! Well, we can’t guarantee this, but getting married during the summer months will give you the best chances of blue skies, sunshine and lighter evenings. You are spoilt for choice with wedding dresses suitable for summer and needn’t worry about extra layers for the cold, or mud. You can also put on your flip flops for exploring the gardens during your photographs.
2) The school holidays. If you have a large family who may have children or are school teachers, then the summer months are perfect for expanding your ‘attending’ list and ensuring your loved ones can be there with you to celebrate. If you are marrying away from your home county then you could extend your stay and have a relaxing few days away with your family.
3) Pentillie’s gardens look beautiful in the summer. The grass is a luscious green, trees are in full bloom and the flower beds burst with an excellent array of colours. If you are marrying in the Bathing Hut, you can hitch up your dress, put some wellies on and walk through the woodlands down to the River with your dad and bridesmaids in trail. The gardens in summer offer the perfect opportunity for your photographs. Bring your photographer before your wedding day to earmark your favourite spots.
4) Summer wedding attire can be completely flexible. If you love your legs, why not show them off with a shorter wedding dress (think 1950s floaty style). If you are having a more informal day the groom could wear a light shirt and waistcoat (no jacket!).
5) Bright is beautiful or pretty pastels! You will have so much choice when it comes to choosing your wedding colours. You can either have colours that suit your skin tones, or chose your favourite colours that you want represented on your wedding day.
Summer really is glorious in Cornwall. Set on the Devon & Cornwall border with views over the River Tamar, Pentillie is ideally situated (only 20 minutes from Plymouth and close to rail and flight links).
Take advantage of hiring Pentillie for an extended weekend with your nearest and dearest, and during your stay enjoy our outdoor heated pool, outdoor games and gardens (perfect for picnics or treasure hunts!). Ensure your weekend at Pentillie is personal to you. We can organise a variety of activities from horse riding and river cruises to clay pigeon shooting, archery and lots more, just ask!
For more information on weddings at Pentillie or to book an appointment to see the Castle and grounds please email Josy or ring 01579 350044.